Free NBA Picks and Tips: Philadelphia 76ers vs New Jersey Nets
Monday, April 23, 2012
The Philadelphia 76ers look to clinch a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference with a win at New Jersey on Monday. Philadelphia leads Milwaukee by three games for the conference's last playoff spot and can make the postseason with one win or a loss by the Bucks.
Monday's contest has special significance for the New Jersey Nets. It will be the team's final game in New Jersey after playing at several venues in the state for 35 years.
@ New Jersey
When: 7:30 PM ET, Monday, April 23, 2012
Where: Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey
TV: 7:30 p.m. ET, CS Philadelphia, YES (New Jersey)
Philadelphia 76ers (33-30): Coach Doug Collins' team will make things a lot easier on itself by beating the Nets. However, the 76ers haven't been doing things the easy way the last two months. Philadelphia was 20-9 on Feb. 13, but has struggled since with inconsistent play on both ends of the floor. The 76ers are 13-21 since their best record of the season and that includes winning their last two games. Philadelphia is coming off a 109-106 overtime win in Indiana on Saturday. The victory came against the league's hottest team and ended the Pacers' seven-game winning streak. The 76ers have won two straight in a stretch of five road games to end the season.
New Jersey Nets (22-42): It's doubtful the last game in New Jersey will end in a tearful goodbye. The Nets' final season before moving to Brooklyn has been truly forgettable. New Jersey has a worse record at home (9-23) than on the road (13-19). Any legitimate chance to contend for the playoffs ended when center Brook Lopez broke his right foot before the season started. He returned in February, but played in only five games and was done for the season. Point guard Deron Williams has missed the last three games because of a sore right calf and his future with the team is in doubt. The Nets have lost four straight and five of six.
Nets forward Gerald Wallace is averaging
19.5 points in his last two games. He missed the previous four games with a
2. The Nets have won two of three meetings between the teams. The home team is winless in the three games.
3. Saturday marked the first time this season the 76ers have won when allowing 100 or more points. Philadelphia is 1-10 in those games.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: 76ers 95, Nets 92
- NBA Basketball Predictions & Picks: Philadelphia at New Jersey
- NBA Basketball Predictions: New Jersey Nets at Philadelphia 76ers
- Free NBA Picks and Tips: New Jersey Nets at Philadelphia 76ers
- Tuesday NBA Picks: Philadelphia 76ers at New Jersey Nets
- NBA Basketball Prediction: Cleveland Cavaliers at New Jersey Nets