Game 3 NBA Playoffs Betting Odds: San Antonio Spurs vs Los Angeles Clippers
Saturday, May 19, 2012
Trailing 2-0 in the best-of-seven series and with All-Stars Chris Paul and Blake Griffin each battling injuries, the Clippers need any edge they can get with back-to-back games set for Saturday and Sunday at Staples Center.
The Spurs arrive in California riding a tidal wave of momentum and a 16-game winning streak following Thursday's 105-88 victory in Game 2.
San Antonio Spurs : San Antonio’s fifth double-digit win of the playoffs speaks to how efficiently it is playing. The Spurs looked vulnerable after seeing Los Angeles chop a 16-point deficit to four points at the half Thursday, but they responded to the hiccup by shooting 62 percent in the second half. Tony Parker bounced back from a sub-par effort in Game 1 to score 22 points and register a knockout in his much-anticipated point guard matchup with an ailing Paul. Tim Duncan followed up his 26-point effort in the opener by scoring 18 in Game 2. He’s shooting 61.8 percent in the series.
Los Angeles Clippers : Paul’s strained hip flexor clearly appears to be an issue. He had 10 points and a career playoff-high eight turnovers and went scoreless in the fourth quarter for the second straight game, but refused to blame his injury. “No excuses, I've just got to play better,” Paul said. Griffin, already fighting a sprained left knee, also hurt his hip in Game 2. He scored a team-high 20 points but grabbed only one rebound. How much is riding on Paul’s improvement? Los Angeles shot nearly 50 percent from the floor, hit nine of 13 3-pointers and missed only six free throws and were still blown out in Game 2.
1. San Antonio can match its 2004 team for the second-longest winning streak extended from the regular season and into the playoffs. The Los Angeles Lakers hold the record with 19 straight wins in 2001.
2. The Clippers have received solid production from their reserves and hold an 80-68 edge in bench scoring in the series.
3. The Spurs won at Los Angeles 103-100 in overtime in February despite a 22-point, 20-rebound performance from Griffin.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Spurs 97, Clippers 95
- May 20th NBA Playoffs Prediction: Spurs at Clippers Game 4
- NBA Playoffs Prediction: Los Angeles Clippers at San Antonio Spurs Game 2
- Tuesday May 15th NBA Playoff Live Odds: Clippers vs Spurs Game 1
- Bovada NBA Las Vegas Odds: LA Clippers vs San Antonio Spurs
- NBA Basketball Betting: NBA All-Star Weekend