MLB Baseball Picks & Tips: Detroit Tigers vs New York Yankees
Friday, April 27, 2012
by Mike Stewart
The Tigers fell for the fourth straight time and sixth in seven outings on Thursday when they suffered a 5-4 setback to the visiting Seattle Mariners.
Derek Jeter has been sizzling for New York heading into this rematch of the 2011 American League Division Series. The captain, who is riding a 15-game hitting streak, has seen his batting average balloon to .420.
Verlander has picked up right where he left off last year. The reigning AL MVP and Cy Young Award winner has yielded just seven runs and struck out 31 batters in four starts this season. Verlander permitted one run on four hits in six innings last Saturday as he posted his second straight win with a 3-2 triumph over Texas.
While his resume doesn't compare with his pitching counterpart, Nova is quietly getting the job done this season. The 25-year-old Dominican has won his first three starts by working his way out of potential jams. Receiving 23 runs of support hasn't hurt matters for Nova, who has won 15 straight decisions and will make his first career start against the Tigers.
1. Jeter has mustered nine hits - all singles - in 25 career at-bats (.360) versus Verlander.
2. The Tigers parted ways with struggling third baseman Brandon Inge, who had just two hits in 20 at-bats this season. The 34-year-old Inge played his entire 12-year career with Detroit.
MLB BASEBALL PREDICTION: Detroit 5, New York 3
- Saturday September 15 Prediction: Tampa Bay Rays vs New York Yankees
- MLB Baseball Predictions: Detroit Tigers vs New York Yankees
- MLB Odds: Justin Verlander's Tigers vs Yankees and CC Sabathia
- Game 1 ALDS Odds : Detroit Tigers vs New York Yankees
- Las Vegas MLB Betting Predictions: New York Yankees at Detroit Tigers