MLB Baseball Predictions & Picks: Milwaukee Brewers vs Chicago Cubs
Thursday, April 12, 2012
by Mike Stewart
The Milwaukee Brewers ran away with the National League Central last season in part because they were able to beat up on the lesser teams in the division.
Looks like the plan is the same in 2012. After taking 10 of 16 from the Chicago Cubs last season, the Brewers have won each of the first three meetings in 2012 and will go for a four-game sweep at Wrigley Field on Thursday.
Expected to endure another losing season, the Cubs have started out 1-5.
Milwaukee is off to a 4-2 start despite Prince Fielder being gone and one of his replacements in the lineup, former Chicago third baseman Aramis Ramirez, hitting .091. The Brewers have gotten contributions from most of their lineup in the first three games of this series, including a two-run homer from backup catcher George Kottaras in a 2-1 triumph on Wednesday. Chicago has wasted two strong starts from Ryan Dempster while getting little from the rest of its staff.
Greinke dominated in his first start, striking out seven and not walking a batter in seven scoreless innings at home against St. Louis. Where the right-hander ran into trouble last season was on the road. Greinke posted a 5-6 record with a 4.70 ERA away from Miller Park in 2011, including a loss at Wrigley in which he surrendered eight runs - six earned - in 5 1/3 innings.
Garza wound up with a no decision despite allowing two runs in six innings last week. The veteran right-hander had some success against Milwaukee in his first taste of the NL last season, going 2-1 with a 4.35 ERA in three starts.
2. Brewers OF Norichika Aoki made his first major-league start Wednesday in place of Braun.
3. Cubs CF Marlon Byrd is hitting (.048) 1-for-21.
MLB BASEBALL PREDICTION: Milwaukee 5, Cubs 3
- Sept 21st MLB Betting Odds: Milwaukee Brewers vs Chicago Cubs
- MLB Bets: Brewers' Yovani Gallardo vs Randy Wells And The Cubs
- MLB Baseball Las Vegas Prediction: Milwaukee Brewers vs Chicago Cubs
- Prediction on MLB Games: Chicago Cubs at Milwaukee Brewers
- Baseball Predictions & Odds: Milwaukee Brewers vs Chicago Cubs