NBA Basketball Prediction: Denver Nuggets at Oklahoma City Thunder
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Durant is batting Los Angeles guard Kobe Bryant for the crown and trying to become the first player since Michael Jordan (1996-98) to win three consecutive scoring titles. Durant is averaging 28 points, a shade ahead of Bryant at 27.9. The Lakers close against Sacramento on Thursday.
When: 8:00 PM ET, Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Where: Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
TV: 8 p.m. ET, Altitude (Denver), Fox Sports Oklahoma
Denver Nuggets (36-28): Denver is a half-game ahead of the Dallas Mavericks in the battle for the No. 6 seed in the Western Conference. The Nuggets have won two consecutive games and six of eight games and will be well-rested. Denver hasn’t played since routing the Orlando Magic 101-74 on Sunday. Orlando’s point total was the fewest allowed by the Nuggets all season. Forward Al Harrington (knee) will probably have his minutes limited with Denver finishing the regular season with a back-to-back that includes Thursday’s road game against the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Oklahoma City Thunder (47-18): Oklahoma City’s bench was better than Sacramento’s starters in Tuesday’s victory. The Thunder trailed entering the final quarter before their reserves outscored the Kings 36-24 as Durant, Westbrook and other starters watched the comeback victory from the bench. “That was somewhat the general plan,” Oklahoma City coach Scott Brooks said. “Going into the game, I thought our starters probably wouldn’t play in the fourth quarter.” Forward Daequan Cook was particularly sizzling, scoring all 19 of his points in the final quarter and knocking down four 3-pointers. Durant had 32 points in three quarters before exiting.
Oklahoma City has won the last four
2. Thunder sixth man James Harden (concussion) isn’t expected to play as he recovers from Sunday’s elbow to the head from Lakers forward Metta World Peace.
3. Nuggets forward Danilo Gallinari has scored in double figures in six of eight games since returning from a thumb injury.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Nuggets 110, Thunder 104
- May 21th NBA Playoffs Betting Odds: Lakers vs Thunder Game 5
- NBA Playoffs Picks and Tips: Denver Nuggets vs Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA Basketball Prediction: Sacramento Kings at Oklahoma City Thunder
- Free NBA Picks and Tips: Oklahoma City Thunder at Denver Nuggets
- Game 1 NBA Playoffs Prediction: Oklahoma City at San Antonio