NBA Betting Picks: Los Angeles Clippers at Phoenix Suns
Thursday, April 19, 2012
As the NBA season begins its final week, the Los Angeles Clippers and Phoenix Suns find themselves fighting for playoff position - and in the case of the Suns, fighting for the playoffs, period. The Clippers kept pressure on the Lakers with a 104-98 victory over Denver on Wednesday.
Phoenix lost to Oklahoma City, dropping a half-game behind Utah and into a tie for ninth with fading Houston. Should Utah win its final three games, Phoenix can make the playoffs by winning all four of its games.
When: 10:30 PM ET, Thursday, April 19, 2012
Where: US Airways Center, Phoenix, Arizona
TV: 10:30 p.m. ET, TNT
Los Angeles Clippers (39-23): Kenyon Martin only had one rebound against his former Denver teammates Wednesday, but it was his key tip-in of Chris Paul’s miss that helped the Clippers go ahead for good. He also blocked Ty Lawson’s shot with 20 seconds left. “It’s about winning basketball,” Martin said. “Just never quit playing no matter what the situation is, always put yourself in a position to make plays. Just trying to get a ‘W.’ We’re fighting for playoff position.”
Phoenix Suns (32-30): Phoenix had a chance to stay ahead of Utah and Houston, but the Suns were drilled by James Harden, the former Arizona State guard, who scored a career-high 40 points. The Suns play three of their final four games at home, where they are 18-12, worst among all playoff contenders in the West. “We didn’t play sharp,” said Steve Nash. “Harden got loose. It was too much to overcome. Hopefully, we can wash this away and go for broke (Thursday).”
Phoenix is just one victory from its
30th winning season of 44 in franchise history.
2. The Clippers matched their season-high with 14 3-pointers, also making that many at Denver on Jan. 29.
3. Former coach John MacLeod, who holds the Suns’ franchise records for victories, was inducted to the team’s “Ring of Honor” at halftime Wednesday.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION:
Clippers 97, Suns 92
- NBA Basketball Predictions & Odds: Clippers at Suns
- NBA Basketball Free Picks: Los Angeles Clippers at Phoenix Suns
- NBA Basketball Las Vegas Odds: Los Angeles Clippers vs Phoenix Suns
- April 21st NBA Basketball Predictions: Denver at Phoenix
- Bovada NBA Betting Odds: Los Angeles Clippers at Phoenix Suns