Saturday night NBA Picks: Phoenix Suns at San Antonio Spurs
Saturday, April 14, 2012
The Phoenix Suns travel to San Antonio for the third of four meetings with the Spurs on Saturday. The Suns are fighting for their playoff lives. Phoenix trails Denver and Houston by one game for the eighth and final spot in the West with seven games remaining.
The San Antonio Spurs are second in the West and trail Oklahoma City by one game for the top spot in the conference.
@ San Antonio
When: 9:00 PM ET, Saturday, April 14, 2012
Where: AT and T Center, San Antonio, Texas
TV: 9 p.m. ET, FSN (Phoenix), ESPN
Phoenix Suns (31-28): Phoenix is 19-9 since Feb. 19 and has won six of its last eight as it seeks to avoid missing the postseason for the third time in four years. The Suns knocked off Houston 112-105 on Friday. Forward Grant Hill returned to the lineup after missing the previous nine games with a torn meniscus in his right knee to score four points and grab six rebounds off the bench. Phoenix is now 17-5 when it outrebounds opponents. Point guard Steve Nash is averaging 11.1 assists per game – second in the league to Boston’s Rajon Rondo. Nash is also averaging 17.4 points in his last 20 regular-season games against the Spurs.
San Antonio Spurs (41-16): The Spurs have already clinched a playoff berth and are closing in on clinching the Southwest Division title. San Antonio snapped a two-game skid with a 107-97 win over Memphis on Thursday. After Saturday’s home contest, the Spurs hit the road for three games. San Antonio heads to California to take on Golden State, The Los Angeles Lakers and Sacramento in a daunting back-to-back-to-back beginning Monday. San Anotnio has nine games remaining, including the season-series finale with the Suns on April 25.
Tim Duncan tied his season high with 28
points and grabbed 12 rebounds Thursday to lead the Spurs to a 107-97 home win
2. San Antonio seeks its sixth straight home victory over Phoenix.
3. Suns guard Goran Dragic has dished out at least six assists in a career-high 19 consecutive games.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Spurs 95, Suns 91
- Las Vegas Free NBA Picks: San Antonio Spurs vs Phoenix Suns
- NBA Basketball Predictions: Phoenix Suns at San Antonio Spurs
- NBA Basketball Picks and Tips: Phoenix Suns at San Antonio Spurs
- Basketball Las Vegas Odds and Picks: Phoenix Suns vs San Antonio Spurs
- NBA Basketball Las Vegas Odds: San Antonio Spurs vs Phoenix Suns