Tuesday NBA Picks: Philadelphia 76ers at New Jersey Nets
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
The Philadelphia 76ers have been sliding in the wrong direction entering Tuesday’s road game against the New Jersey Nets. Philadelphia has lost four consecutive games and could miss the Eastern Conference playoffs after beginning the season 20-9.
The 76ers are tied with the New York Knicks for the final two spots with the Milwaukee Bucks close behind. New Jersey has won its last two games and defeated Philadelphia in overtime on Jan. 25.
Philadelphia 76ers (29-27): Philadelphia will see a lot of New Jersey down the stretch as Tuesday’s contest is one of three against the Nets in the final 10 games of the regular season. The 76ers also have contests against the lowly Toronto Raptors and Cleveland Cavaliers. Philadelphia only has two home games remaining and concludes the season with a five-game road trip. That’s an issue with the 76ers sporting a 10-15 away mark, including losses in 11 of their last 14 road games. Also trouble is an offense that is averaging only 83.0 points during the four-game skid.
New Jersey Nets (21-37): Forward Gerald Wallace could miss the game with a hamstring injury and that means more playing time for late-season sensation Gerald Green, who scored a season-best 32 points in Sunday’s overtime victory over Cleveland. Green was promoted from the D-League on Feb. 27 and has been surprisingly good for the Nets, notching 14 double-digit performances while averaging 12.7 points. Green once was a first-round draft pick by the Boston Celtics and averaged 10.4 points in his second season before it appeared he had washed out. He had been out of the NBA since 2009 before his recent call-up.
New Jersey had
lost eight straight contests to Philadelphia prior to January’s overtime
2. Nets guard Deron Williams had 34 points and 11 assists in the victory over the 76ers for one of his seven 30-point outings of the campaign.
3. 76ers forward Elton Brand has scored eight or fewer points in five of the last seven games.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: 76ers 85, Nets 80
- NBA Betting Odds: Philadelphia 76ers Clinch Playoff Spot at New Jersey Nets
- NBA Basketball Predictions & Picks: Philadelphia at New Jersey
- Free NBA Picks and Tips: Philadelphia 76ers vs New Jersey Nets
- NBA Basketball Predictions: New Jersey Nets at Philadelphia 76ers
- NBA Betting Picks: New York Knicks at New Jersey Nets