Vegas Basketball Prediction: Toronto Raptors vs Detroit Pistons
Sunday, April 22, 2012
The Detroit Pistons and Toronto Raptors have had a few days to stew on their recent performances. The Pistons shot the lights out in a lopsided victory over Cleveland before shooting themselves in the foot in consecutive losses to Atlanta and Minnesota.
The Raptors have dropped six of their last eight decisions, including a 96-72 setback to Miami on Wednesday. With little more than pride on the line, Toronto will invade Detroit on Sunday.
Toronto Raptors (22-41): Like Detroit, Toronto has also lost two in a row - although the standings aren't the primary issue at this stage of the game for coach Dwane Casey. The coach was less-than-impressed, however, with the club matching a franchise-worst 23 points in the second half against Miami. While crediting the Heat for playing a full 48 minutes, Casey took a pointed jab at his own club. "I told our core guys if we want to get to where we want to go, we have to have a full fight for 48 minutes," Casey said. "When things get hard - which they're going to in the NBA - (we need) to be mentally tough to know how to fight back."
Detroit Pistons (23-40): Detroit fell for the seventh time in nine outings when it dropped a 91-80 decision to Minnesota on Thursday. Poor shooting was to blame as the starters converted 16 of 50 field-goal attempts. "We looked a little punch drunk at times out there," Pistons coach Lawrence Frank said. Ben Wallace did not play on Thursday as he attended a funeral, but is expected to return to the court on Sunday.
Toronto snapped a three-game losing skid to Detroit with a
103-93 victory on Feb. 22.
2. After erupting for 32 points versus Chicago on April 15, Detroit guard Rodney Stuckey has scored 12 total points in his last three contests. He had 20 in the teams' last meeting - after being held scoreless in the other contest.
3. Raptors swingman DeMar DeRozan struggled in his last outing versus the Pistons, making just three of 10 field-goal attempts. DeRozan recorded three straight outings of 22 points or more before being held to 12 in the loss to Miami.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Raptors 101, Pistons 94
- NBA Basketball Las Vegas Prediction: Detroit Pistons at Toronto Raptors
- NBA Las Vegas Free Betting Picks: Toronto Raptors vs Detroit Pistons
- NBA Basketball Prediction: Philadelphia 76ers at Detroit Pistons
- NBA Basketball Picks & Tips: Milwaukee Bucks at Detroit Pistons
- April 5th NBA Picks and Tips: Washington Wizards at Detroit Pistons